Thursday, May 23, 2013

Resurrection-Common

I heard this song in an hour long Vinyl Podcast by Freddie Joachim a couple of years ago, and I could not, for the life of me, figure out what song it was. Then I heard it in a friend's car recently and practically went brain dead from the relief. Common's been around as a rapper longer than I've been alive and that brotha has probably rapped about every social issue there is. His lyrics are intelligent he always makes them flow just right. He came out with his album Resurrection in October of 1994 and it's seen as one of his more underground albums.



01 "Resurrection"
02 "I Used To Love H.E.R."
03 "Watermelon"
04 "Book of Life"
05 "In My Own World (Check the Method)"
06 "Another Wasted Nite With..."
07 "Nuthin' to Do"
08 "Communism"
09 "WMOE"
10 "Thisisme"
11 "Orange Pineapple Juice"
12 "Chapter 13 (Rich Man Vs. Poor Man)"
13 "Maintaining"
14 "Sum Sh*t I Wrote"
15 "Pop's Rap"

                                                                  "Resurrection"


No comments:

Post a Comment